Hauser & Wirth opened its first London gallery in 2003, based in a historic, listed building designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1922 on Piccadilly. The first exhibition was a major installation by Paul McCarthy.
In October 2010, Hauser & Wirth London opened in its current location at 23 Savile Row with the critically-acclaimed exhibition, ‘Louise Bourgeois. The Fabric Works’.
The gallery has two exhibition spaces, the North Gallery and the South Gallery, and runs a range of engaging events such as artist talks, film screenings and workshops, alongside its dynamic exhibition programme. Hauser & Wirth London is home to a library, archive and a gallery shop that offers an extensive collection of books published by Hauser & Wirth – consisting of monographs, artists’ books, historic exhibition catalogues, collections of artists’ writings and catalogues raisonnés – as well as a curated selection of artist collaborations and beautifully-crafted products from international and local makers.